(Mt 27.1–2, 11–14; Lk 23.1–5; Jn 18.28–38)
- When did the whole council meet ?
- Describe how they handed Jesus over to Pilate.
- What question did Pilate ask ?
- How did Jesus answer him ?
- Why was Pilate amazed ?
Jesus is Sentenced to Death
(Mt 27.15–26; Lk 23.13–25; Jn 18.39—19.16)
- What was Pilate in the habit of doing ?
- Who was in prison ?
- Why was he in prison ?
- What question did Pilate ask the crowd ?
- What did Pilate know very well ?
- Why did the crowd ask not ask for Jesus ?
- What di they want Pilate to do to Jesus ?
- Why did Pilate set Barbara free ?
- What did he have done to Jesus ?
The Soldiers Mock Jesus
(Mt 27.27–31; Jn 19.2–3)
- Where did the soldiers take Jesus ?
- What did they put on Jesus ?
- Why did they make him a crown of thorns ?
- Describe how they mocked Jesus.
Jesus is Crucified
(Mt 27.32–44; Lk 23.26–43; Jn 19.17–27)
- Who did they meet on the way to the place of the skull ?
- What did they force him to do ?
- Who’s father was he ?
- What did they try to give Jesus ?
- Why did they throw dice ?
- what did the notice of accusation say ?
- Who else did they crucify ?
- Complete this “ He saved others ….”
The Death of Jesus
(Mt 27.45–56; Lk 23.44–49; Jn 19.28–30)
- What happened at noon ?
- What did Jesus shout out at three o’clock ?
- What did they think he said ?
- What did one of them do with a sponge ?
- What happened to the curtain of the temple ?
- What did the army officer say ?
- Which women were there ?
The Burial of Jesus
(Mt 27.57–61; Lk 23.50–56; Jn 19.38–42)
- Who arrived in the evening ?
- What kind of man was he ?
- What did Joseph ask Pilate for ?
- What did the army officer report to Jesus ?
- Describe what Joseph did with the body.
- How had the tomb been made ?
- What was rolled in front of the tomb ?
- Who watched where Jesus was buried ?