(Mt 26.1–5; Lk 22.1–2; Jn 11.45–53)
- When did this happen ?
- Who wanted Jesus dead ?
- Why couldn’t they do it during the festival ?
Jesus is Anointed at Bethany
(Mt 26.6–13; Jn 12.1–8)
- In which town was Jesus ?
- Whose house was he in ?
- What had been wrong with this man ?
- What kind of Jar did the woman have ?
- What was inside the jar ?
- What did she do with the perfume ?
- How much was the perfume worth ?
- What did people say she should have done instead ?
- What did Jesus say about the poor ?
- What did he say she had done for him ?
- What did Jesus assure them would happen ?
Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus
(Mt 26.14–6; Lk 22.3–6)
- Who betrayed Jesus ?
- Who did he betray Jesus to ?
- What did they promise to give him ?
Jesus Eats the Passover Meal with his Disciples
(Mt 26.17–25; Lk 22.7–14, 21–23; Jn 13.21–30)
- What happened on the first day of unleavened bread ?
- What question did the disciples ask Jesus ?
- How were they to recognise the man they had to meet ?
- What was he going to show them ?
- What did Jesus say as the 12 were eating at the table ?
- What question did they all ask Jesus ?
- What did Jesus say about the man who betrays him ?
The Lord's Supper
(Mt 26.26–30; Lk 22.14–20; 1 Cor 11.23–25)
- What did Jesus do and say with the bread ?
- What did Jesus do and say with the cup of wine ?
- What did they do before they went to the mount of Olives ?
Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial
(Mt 26.31–35; Lk 22.31–34; Jn 13.36–38)
- What did Jesus say they would all do ?
- How did Peter answer ?
- What did Jesus say to Peter (v30)
- What did all the other disciples say ?
Jesus Prays in Gethsemane
(Mt 26.36–46; Lk 22.39–46
- Who did Jesus take with him ?
- What was almost crushing Jesus ?
- Write out v36
- What did he find when he returned ?
- Complete this saying : “The Spirit is willing but …..”
- What were the apostles doing the second time Jesus came back ?
- Who did Jesus say was there ?
The Arrest of Jesus
(Mt 26.47–56; Lk 22.47–53; Jn 18.3–12)
- Who arrived when Jesus was still speaking ?
- Who came with him ?
- Who had sent them to Jesus ?
- What was the traitors signal ?
- What did Judas do as soon as he arrived ?
- What happened to the High Priest’s slave ?
- What did Jesus say must come true ?
- What did all the disciples do ?
- What happened to the young follower of Jesus ?
Jesus before the Council
(Mt 26.57–68; Lk 22.54–55, 63–71; Jn 18.13–14, 19–24)
- Where was Jesus taken ?
- Who had all gathered there ?
- What did Peter do ?
- What did the whole council try to do ?
- What did the ‘witnesses’ say about Jesus ?
- Why were their stories hard to believe ?
- What question did the high priest ask ?
- What was Jesus’ answer ?
- What did the high priest say they had heard ?
- What verdict and sentence did they decide ?
- How did they then treat Jesus ?
Peter Denies Jesus
(Mt 26.69–75; Lk 22.56–62; Jn 18.15–18, 25–27)
- What did Peter deny ?
- What did he hear then ?
- Why did they say Peter couldn’t deny he knew Jesus ?
- What was Peter’s response ?
- What did he remember Jesus had said to him ?
- What was Peter’s reaction when he heard the second cock crow ?